Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-in v10.0.4 against EV12.4 server functionality

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We are upgrading from EV11.0.1 to EV12.4 but some PCs still have add-in v10.0.4.  We may not upgrade if the restore from vault button soes not work in Outlook so, ¿Has anyone checked this functionality in those versions before?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jose,

I quickly gave it a try in my lab with EV Server 12.4.1, Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 (W10 does also not support 10.x add-ins) and an 10.0.4 BASE add-in. This worked properly but keep in mind that environments are different and even if I do get this to work does not mean it will work for you. In case you get issue with this Veritas might only refer to the compatibility chart. 

Regards

Marc 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marcde

Hi,

out of curiosity - What speaks against using the latest 11.0.1 CHF5 add-in which should be compatible with EV 12 (All 11.x add-ins should be).

I can imagine that it works but Veritas has not tested it. 

Which version of Outlook and Exchange are you using? 

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Well, the Company is really slow to test and start deploying agents or software on PCs, but enentually the´ll do: Deploy Add-in v11 and then v12.

I just need to go now to EV12.4 because of this project´s timing restrictions, and it turned out that the restore button is important for many users.

Outlook versions are mixed from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016 64 bits, and Exchange is v2010.

Regards,

Jose Luis

Marcde

Hi Jose,

I quickly gave it a try in my lab with EV Server 12.4.1, Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 (W10 does also not support 10.x add-ins) and an 10.0.4 BASE add-in. This worked properly but keep in mind that environments are different and even if I do get this to work does not mean it will work for you. In case you get issue with this Veritas might only refer to the compatibility chart. 

Regards

Marc 

www.serviceware.de

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So... Just double checking... The Restore button worked, Right?

Thank you!

Marcde
Exactly. Successfully restored 2 to 3 items using the restore from vault button.

Regards
Marc
www.serviceware.de

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

The official stand is that the Outlook Add-In supports 1 version up and 1 version down.

In other words.

Add-in 10 supports EV server 9, 10 and 11.

This means that if you upgrade server to 12.x, Add-in 11 (and 12 ofcourse) will be supported. As Marc tested, most of the default functionality (store/restore/explorer/search) will work, but some additional features might not. Veritas will not support if you use add-in 10 vs server 12. They will advise to upgrade to add-in 12, or at least to add-in 11.

Regards. Gertjan