cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new cluster node to cluster currently running EV

margiev
Level 4

We have built a new cluster node to put into an existing 2003 cluster.  The other 4 cluster nodes are running Enterprise  Vault for File System Archiving client.  Should the EV client be installed on the new node BEFORE we join it to the cluster or after it has been joined?

10 REPLIES 10

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

When you say FSA Archiving client, do you mean FSA Agent?

margiev
Level 4

Yes I mean the FSA agent.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

@RahulG

I guess margiev was referring to add a new node to the Windows File Server cluster, not to the Enterprise Vault server.

@margiev

In a cluster environment, the FSA agent is installed after the cluster is configured. Install the FSA agent after the node is added to the cluster. Then, re-run the FSA Cluster Configuration wizard. One question ... did you add the virtual filer sername name or each node individually to the VAC?

margiev
Level 4

Yes I am referring to the Windows file server cluster.

To answer your second question, we have two virtual filers, and I added both server names to the VAC.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok, So you should be OK installing the FSA Agent after and running the FSA cluster conf wizard.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Thanks for the correction GabeV. My bad .

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Margiev,

Below article mentioned is a good one to refer..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58096

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Margiev,

any further assistance required in this case ?

If not then you can mark this post as solved.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi margiev,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? If not, please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.