cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Services Not Starting

evinfo
Level 4
All -

I had a VCS Clustered environment in a test environment. Due to some issues, we decided to reinstall EV. Without removing Virtual server under "Enterprise Vault Severs" in admin console, we uninstalled and reinstalled EV software on the primary (active) Node.

Now when we try bring up the admin service so that we can configure this EV server to be the primary node on a cluster, it fails saying "Admin service started and stopped on local computer. Some services are stopped automatically if not being used by other services or computers".

Also, I cannot delete the "Virtual server" under "enterprise vault servers" because when i try to delete the services it gives me the following error: "Failed to get auditing information from computer 'Virtualserver'. Reason: Access is denied. "Check that the Admi Service is running on the computer 'VirtualServer'".

Which makes sense since Admin service is not running on the primary (active) Node.

Its a little convulated but we have been playing around the environment and things are just a little over all the place. Is there another option?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
as it is a test environment can you not just un-install EV and delete the sql databases and start over?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
as it is a test environment can you not just un-install EV and delete the sql databases and start over?

evinfo
Level 4
Tony - Probably the right thing to do..