Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin service will not start: Access Denied

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I am do am doing a new installation and all the pre work has been done, installed the software, rebooted and tried to start the config. Config stated that that the admin service has not started. I open the propertise of the admin it states that it is using the local account.Error Service did not start due to login failure.  I change it to the VSA and then it states Eroor 5: access denied. 

I have tried different account and still nothing, even tried a domain admin and nothing (Yes the VSA must not be part of the domain admins). 

EV 12.2

Server 2012 Standard

Loaded the hotfixes as per the compatablity chart. 

Any help would be greatly apprecieated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure if this is related, can you try following registry to skip temp folder security.

Name: SkipTempFolderCheck
Type: DWORD32
Value: 0 (checks enabled), 1 (checks disabled)

Referenced Tech Note
Enterprise Vault, Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator temporary folder security checks
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100014060 

The Enterprise Vault Admin Service or the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service start attempt throws error indicating some services stop automatically.
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100013877 

PaulGrimshaw
Level 4

Is the VSA a local administrator?

Does the VSA have the Log on as a service privilege?

If the answer to both of those questions then can you setup a DTRACE of teh AdminService process and try to start the service and post the DTRACE.

Check the application, System and EV logs and do you get any other erros, such as, DCOM errors.

Enterprise Vault Senior Principal Engineer APJ

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Morning Rob,

This might be related to registry permissions. If VSA is in Local Administrator group,

Open Regedit
Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
On each of the Enterprise Vault xxx entries, rightclick, select Permissions
Verify Administrators have Full Control

Regards. Gertjan

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All, 

After a lot of investigating it turned out their was some funny permissions on te drive as we installed the the software on a different drive location. 

We are investigating what is the cause of the drive problems. 

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

HI All,

There was a mis configuratoin on the VMWare server which was causing alsorts of problems. Something along the lines of sharing drives. Once that was resolved everything worked.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi, good find.

Can you mark one of your answers as solution?

that way others know they won't need to open to answer, or they can see the possible solution of they run into this too.

Thanks!

GJ

Regards. Gertjan