cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe freehand objects with .fh* not handled in Storage Queue

bert_geiger
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi folks,

Scenario: EV 14.1 and Exchange 2016. At archiving time I see error messages with event id 29057 "A problem was encountered..." with Details: Tablet PC-freehanderrorcode...unknown attribute...(0x8004021b) (at least that's what the translation from German probably looks like) and the .EVSQ file stays forever in the Storage Queue.

And no, I can't upgrade to EV 14.2/3 because I use Backup Exec and the newer EV versions are not supported(!).

I will add the extensions to the Site's excluded from conversion list, but I am not sure that will solve the problem as long as the general question of how to get the corrupt EVSQ files out of the SQ without data loss is open. And I have not found any hint on how to accomplish that.

Any ideas?

Regards, Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bert_geiger

Hi Karl,

thank you for your suggestions :)

The latest versions of EV use Storage Queues, and that means the items sent to EV will immediately be replaced by it's shortcut in the mailbox without waiting for backup (no more "pending" items for hours).

The good news is that opening a case with Veritas did net some results, if not the ideal solution. Under the guidance of VRTS support you can get the original items out of the .EVSQ files, so that e.g. .MSGs are available. The downside is there seems to be no easy (legal!) way to find out which mailbox the message belongs to...

I am still working on that.

Regards, Bert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

hi, regarding your problem check the registry key RecipientMax there should be some articles.

Backup Exec supports Enterprise Vault 14.0 and not 14.1 as far as I know.

bert_geiger

Hi there,

sorry for the late reply was on vacation...

As to support for 14.0/14.1: the SCL initially read "14" without any .0 or .1 - that's why I settled on BE for Backup. Veritas corrected that later, but too late for me.

And the RecipientMax is a good suggestion but doesn't help any - it's certainly not the limiting factor.

I seems Veritas leaves you alone with the problem of actually losing Email data; EVSVR and DTrace don't help, either.

But thanks for replying - I did hope that someone from Veritas might join the conversation...

Bert

KarlWoodrow
Level 0

Hey Bert

It's been a long time since I worked on EV but assuming the later versions following earlier patterns then in this scenario there is no data loss. The original items should still be in the Exchange mailbox in a form on pending state.

To get the items back in the inbox you can use the advanced policy setting that will revert pending items back to their original state after a period of time if the archiving service hasn't received the successful notification. 

Check this article and see if the "Pending Shortcut Timeout" is still available:
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100016644

Items on the storage queue should eventually be discarded after multiple failures. If archiving for other items is continuing successfully you should not have any issues. See here https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100031906. Your last result would be this: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100016906

Hope that helps - but as a caveat it's been 10 years since I was involved with EV!

Regards,
Karl

bert_geiger

Hi Karl,

thank you for your suggestions :)

The latest versions of EV use Storage Queues, and that means the items sent to EV will immediately be replaced by it's shortcut in the mailbox without waiting for backup (no more "pending" items for hours).

The good news is that opening a case with Veritas did net some results, if not the ideal solution. Under the guidance of VRTS support you can get the original items out of the .EVSQ files, so that e.g. .MSGs are available. The downside is there seems to be no easy (legal!) way to find out which mailbox the message belongs to...

I am still working on that.

Regards, Bert