cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Implementation of EV 10 when I am going to search archive content from Explorer I am getting error Failed to perform the search request.Any body have any IDEA for the same.

Parveen_Hooda
Level 3

Dear all I am getting this error (Failed to perform the search request. ) When I m going to search any archive content the environment,ent is file system archiving. So after lots of RND i found that in IIS manager 7.xx The EVINdexing site under default sites is not ruining I mean to say when I click on EVINdexing site and tried to browse the site I am getting a error:----------

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core 
Notification BeginRequest 
Handler Not yet determined 
Error Code 0x80070003 
Config Error Cannot read configuration file  
Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\web.config 
Requested URL http://localhost:80/EVIndexing 
Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp 
Logon Method Not yet determined 
Logon User Not yet determined 

and when i check this location for the same C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\web.config I am not able to find any config file or such location I am only able to find the location till C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\ but not any other such folder which is associated with this as per error message what should I do any body have IDEA
windows 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks in Advance.
8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Huh??

So you are getting an error trying to search? Is this a new install?  Could you reboot the server and check the EV Event Log for any errors on startup?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

whats the actual error when you try and search from http://yourEVServer/EnterpriseVault/Search.asp?
Do not use the evindexing virtual directory as that is for EV Communicatin and searching *only*

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Parveen_Hooda
Level 3

yes sir this is new install and lots of data has been archived with shortcut creation but getting exect error is   (Failed to perform the search request)..

Parveen_Hooda
Level 3

actual error is (Failed to perform the search request).indexing service is not runing ,in IIS manager 7 EVindexing site in also not runing as i mention above .

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

So if you check, is the Enterprise Vault Indexing service running ?

Have you configured a different location for the Index Meta Data location ?

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

This being a new install is that 10.0.1 or 10 Base.

When you say Indexing is not running in IIS does that mean you see an error with the Virtual Directory or do you see the App Pool being disabled?

If you see the app pool being disabled can you check which 'Identity' it is running under (NetworkService / ApplicationPoolIdentity?) As a test perhaps switch it around to the other and see what transpires

As previous is the Indexing Service actually starting up as it should fail as well if there are problems checking the functionality of the website on startup, it will normall fail within 2s if there is a problem. Are you seeing any other errors in the EV / System / Security logs when trying to start the Indexing Service if this is failing that is.

Might be worthwhile attaching a dtrace of the EVIndexAdminService process at startup if indexing is failing to start.

Woodside_Billy
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I would check your IIS settings to see if you can access the EVIndexing site. The Install path in the Registry should also be checked. I had a similar issue with 10.0.1, the EVIndexing folder in the Enterprise Vault directory wasn't even present. I ran the Indexing Redistributable MSI in the EVtmp folder on the Server installation ISO and that fixed the issue.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check for the following registry setting 

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
Dword value: DisableLoopbackCheck
Value data (Decimal): 00000001

Why? An issue has been found on Enterprise Vault servers that have been configured with Aliases. When you use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or a custom host header to browse a local Web site that is hosted on a computer that is running Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.1 or IIS 6, you may receive an error message that resembles the following: HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed. This issue occurs when the Web site uses Integrated Authentication and has a name that is mapped to the local loopback address. Windows Servers include a loopback check security feature that is designed to help prevent reflection attacks on your computer. Therefore, authentication fails if the FQDN or the custom host header that you use does not match the local computer name. By disabling the loopback check, you avoid "Access Denied" errors in the VAC and Event ID 40974 in the Event Logs.

6. Disable Strict Name Checking

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
Dword value: DisableStrictNameChecking
Value data (Decimal): 00000001

Why? Enterprise Vault utilizes DNS Aliases for optimized design and scalability. When a client computer connects to a Windows server by using an alias name, the client may receive an error message. This problem tends to occur when trying to connect to the server by using a CNAME alias that is created in the DNS zone. The server is not "listening" on the alias, and therefore is not accepting connections to that name. By requesting to disable strict name checking, this issue is resolved

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH71173

this might cause the above issue .