cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After restore Archive to mailbox, double calendar-item

CSeither
Level 2

Hello,

i have a archive to the mailbox restored. After that, in the mailbox there are double calendar-items.

Can anyone help me? How can i delete the double items? Have anyone a idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

You get double items because of the following:

Enterprise Vault archives an calendar item, but does not create a shortcut, as it does for an email being archived. Afterall, creating a shortcut means changing the messageclass. Changing the messageclass of a calendar-item would mean it is no longer a calendar item... An attachment in the calendar entry is replaced by a link to the item..

As you found, restoring an archive to a mailbox creates double entries. The only way I know to 'fix' this is to do a manual clean-up.... You might be able to do something with powershell, but I am not aware of any..

Sorry....

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

You get double items because of the following:

Enterprise Vault archives an calendar item, but does not create a shortcut, as it does for an email being archived. Afterall, creating a shortcut means changing the messageclass. Changing the messageclass of a calendar-item would mean it is no longer a calendar item... An attachment in the calendar entry is replaced by a link to the item..

As you found, restoring an archive to a mailbox creates double entries. The only way I know to 'fix' this is to do a manual clean-up.... You might be able to do something with powershell, but I am not aware of any..

Sorry....

Regards. Gertjan