cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade to 12.5.2 event 41311 shows

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all

We upgraded to EV12.5.2 from 12.3 last weekend. We are currently seeing informational events on the servers being part of the Index Server Group events which indicate an update is done to an indexlocation.

The mentioned event is 41311. There are 2 41311 events.

1 –an update is going to happen

2 – update succesfull

See below for exact messages.

2 Questions.

1 – what is causing this action to happen, and what is done to the index?

2 – Should the 2nd entry not also show the updated index volume? (instead of {0} )

Message 41311 (1)

The following informational message occurred in the core indexing engine: Identified the following index volume :1F525697E949BEE4B8AB50D36E96CC040_6574 require an update. Proceeding to update it.

Message 41311 (2)

The following informational message occurred in the core indexing engine: Updated index volume: {0} successfully.

If anyone can shed a light, I'd be gratefull. I am not worried, but would like to know what these events are indicating.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

After discussing and investigating with support, we decided that these events were generated due to the amount of index-locations we have. We've monitored for a few days, but the event does no longer occurr. 

Support was not able to get information as to WHY these events occurred, except that EV12.5 has a new Indexing engine, which requires an update to each index location. Usually, this is expected to be done after install, but possibly due to the amount and size of indexes we have, this took longer than expected. 

After checking, we decided to close the case. 

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Gertjan,

whilst not being able to tell you more about this, I can confirm that we also do see this in a few environments after upgrading to 12.5.2. So far we did not recognize issues with indexing / search / index volumes except of one particular topic that is being analyzed by Veritas but that one most probably is having some other root cause.

Tried to see if we can get rid of these messages by performing a system rebuild of the mentioned index volumes and so on but have not been successful so far. 

I'm also interested if someone from Veritas can share some details about what is happening there. Are these messages in regards to an index schema upgrade for the volumes? 

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi Gertjan,

This should have been the schema update to the index volume itself as the core indexing engine for EV was upgraded to a later version.  Each volume that existed prior to update would have needed to be upgraded.  

The success should show the volume ID, however it shows the 0 as you have stated. 

Regards,

Patrick 

GertjanA

Hello Patrick,

I suspected something like that. Can it be that due to the amount of indexes we have not all indexes have been properly updated? Can I force an update somehow (by running a verify or a sync perhaps)?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

After discussing and investigating with support, we decided that these events were generated due to the amount of index-locations we have. We've monitored for a few days, but the event does no longer occurr. 

Support was not able to get information as to WHY these events occurred, except that EV12.5 has a new Indexing engine, which requires an update to each index location. Usually, this is expected to be done after install, but possibly due to the amount and size of indexes we have, this took longer than expected. 

After checking, we decided to close the case. 

Regards. Gertjan