cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All emails in the Journaling mailbox have been disappeared

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

All emails in the Journaling mailbox have been disappeared after the full archive using  Exchange Journaling Task . Now the mailbox is empty. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Why would you do that?  That will cause a major build up in Exchange. 

That is also not what the Journaling task is designed to do.  If you really want to that I guess instead of journaling you could enable it as a Mailbox target with a policy that does not remove shortcuts.  BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST IT.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Yes, that is what happens.  The emails are now stored in the journal archive.  If you have permission you can search the archive via the webapp search or via Discovery Accelerator or Compliance Accelerator.

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4
i need to keep them also in the mailbox ... how ?

TonySterling
Why would you do that?  That will cause a major build up in Exchange. 

That is also not what the Journaling task is designed to do.  If you really want to that I guess instead of journaling you could enable it as a Mailbox target with a policy that does not remove shortcuts.  BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST IT.

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4
from where i can get the Discovery Accelerator ?

TonySterling
You need to purchase it from Symantec or the partner you bought EV from. 

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4
you mean it is a sperate tool that i should get a license from symantec to use it with EV.

TonySterling
Yes, it is the an enterprise search application that lets you search the archives for items based on hotwords, sender/receipient, dates, etc...

If you need more info send me a pm with your email and I can point you in the right direction.

Regards,