cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal failure occurred. Internal Error: 'The procedure number is out of range. [0x800706d1]'.

ldblanchet
Level 3
 Since updating to 8.0 SP3 (8.0.3.1845 specifically) I have been getting this error when performing a specific operation. Everything works perfectly in 8.0.2.1693

Basically I have an application that downloads archived items using the ContentManagementAPIClass :

first I get an instance of ContentManagementAPIClass

Then  I get a IItem using ContentManagementAPIClass.Item

Then I set the SaveSetID and the ArchiveID of the item I want.

I give the item a filesteam in Item.Content.Data

Finally I perform Item.Get(EV_STG_API_ITEM_DETAIL.DETAIL_LEVEL_ITEM_CONTENT | EV_STG_API_ITEM_DETAIL.DETAIL_LEVEL_ITEM_PROPERTIES) (Basically Item.Get(3)) <-- Error occurs here.

In 8.0.2.1693 the item was downloaded to the location of my choice and everything worked fine. Since upgrading to 8.0.3.1845, I have been getting this "An internal failure occurred. Internal Error: 'The procedure number is out of range. [0x800706d1]'." I have ran out of ideas to troubleshoot this issue so any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ldblanchet
Level 3
After more testing I have found out a combination that works.

Rather than try to get the current combination of console/server working, I tested in a development environment the 8.0.3 console against a 8.0.3 server, and that worked, thankfully.

So, the situation is as follows :

Console 8.0.2 :
works with any version of EV8

Console 8.0.3 :
works only with server 8.0.3

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
idblanchet,

could you post a copy of dtrace please when you try and do a get?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Is your application on different system to EV.  If so, what version of the runtimes are on your 'application' servers.  Though it shouldn't matter, may be worth updating them to sp3 as well?

Mike

ldblanchet
Level 3
 I am trying, but I can't seem to get anything to show up on the Dtrace. Which service do you suggest I put on verbose mode?

I tried DirectoryService, (it spams a bit, but I couldn't get anything related to what I was doing)
I tried IndexBroker, IndexCheck, IndexServer, StorageArchive and StorageServer, but none of them actually triggered anything meaningful when I performed the get operation.

Also another piece of information, I'm not sure the get actually "goes off" The server version itself is 8.0.

THe operation I am performing is from another machine, and I install the Administration Console in order for all the classes to be registered correctly. When I install the console version 8.0.2.1693 my tool works, but console version 8.0.3.1845 doesn't.

thanks!

ldblanchet
Level 3
 I could try updating the Enterprise Vault server to SP3 as well, but I'll try that if I run out of other troubleshooting options, as updating the server is riskier than simply the console on 1 machine.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by runtime, but the exact server version is 8.0.0.1405.

Thanks

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

So EV is 8.0.0.1405 which I guess is 8.0 sp1 and you have 8.0 sp3 VAC installed on another computer correct.?

ldblanchet
Level 3
 Yes, that is correct.

ldblanchet
Level 3
Any news on this issue, or other things I could try? I wasn't able to find a solution to this problem yet...

thank you 

ldblanchet
Level 3
After more testing I have found out a combination that works.

Rather than try to get the current combination of console/server working, I tested in a development environment the 8.0.3 console against a 8.0.3 server, and that worked, thankfully.

So, the situation is as follows :

Console 8.0.2 :
works with any version of EV8

Console 8.0.3 :
works only with server 8.0.3