cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 6 to 7 Upgrade Experiences Yet?

MarkOlsen
Level 4
All:

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded from EV 6 to 7 yet and could share with us what you observed? Is it straightforward? Difficult? Gotchas? How much effort did it take? Any risks you see?

Thanks ... Mark
7 REPLIES 7

Alan_M
Level 6
The process is very straightforward. Probably the biggest issue is handling the new licensing scheme and getting them downloaded:-)

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286079.htm

Michael_Librett
Level 3
I have upgraded a journaling only v6 sp3 EV site to v7 in a QA environment without any issues. However we are right in the middle of upgrading our production v6 sp3 to v7(user mailbox archiving only) and are running into a few issues. The provisioning task is throwing the SQL error below on a few users. Since the proivisioning task can't successfully run, mailboxes are not able to be symcnronized. We are working with support at this very moment.

Error processing user: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.

Has anyone seen this error before ?

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Michael,
In the one case i've seen with that error, it was because the users failing were missing date entries in AD for their mailboxes. I'll have to check but I think it was the mailbox creation date and the null value was causing that error.

Try comparing a good and bad user's AD settings in ADSIedit and see if one is missing a date.

Michael_Librett
Level 3
Paul

Thanks, was just about to update the thread what that exact information. The user that the provisioning task fails on are missing a creation date. The workaround is to configure a less granular provisioning task (e.g. entire Exchange Organization) which will not do an LDAP query on each user account. Important thing is that it worked in v6, and the provisioning task has uncovered a directory issue that was previously unknown. I guess that's a good thing ! :>}

Thanks

Michael_Eriksso
Level 3
We had a few issues after upgrading..... No errors or warnings during the uppgrade were seen, there were no problems retreving archived items and so on, but you could not searh the archive.

Thanks to a post by Micah in this forum the problem were quickly solved though. There were some stored procedures that had changed ownership from dbo to the Enterprise Vault service account. After changing that it worked.

Also I have a very irritating 40966 event about monitoring that I cannot seem to get rid of, but I'm working on it now. All information about it I can find points to early versions of EV 5, not EV 7.

Good luck

Micke

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
*blushes*
Awwww!

Don't forget the monitoring site may point to the wrong logon.asp(x) page for some installs. I've seen it happen twice, outa 4 upgrades.

micah

Mario_VU
Level 4
Hello Michel,

did you get any resolution from Symantec support for this error?
Is it a date that can not be read in AD and if so what date is it?

Mario