cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with Opentext OWA plugin + EV OWA plugin, coexisting ?

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

IHAC that are migrating from Opentext to EV.

They don't plan to migrate the Opentext archives for part of the company but will discontinue to archive more into Opentext.

But they still would like to be able to access that old data if necessary through OWA.

Which mean that both the EV OWA extension and the equivalent Opentext plugin need to co-exist.

So my question is if anyone have done it before or think this will be an issue ?

Cheers

Fredrik

6 REPLIES 6

Maverik
Level 6

Sounds like a bit of a recipe for disaster.  Even if it did work or seemed to and someone said yep it worked for me I would not advise it becuase there could be so many varients, even down to Hotfixes etc that could make all the difference.  Also you probable wont be suported by Symantec for this co-existence and any issues that arise.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

As far as I remember it was not compatible with 7.5 .Also the  Compatibility Guide lists all tested and certified 3rd party applications and OpenText eDocs shows as not certified in all versions of Enterprise Vault.

FreKac2
Level 6

Kind of depends on what is meant by "third party integration", e.g. the customer don't need/want EV to be able to archive Opentext archived content and then open them in some way through EV.

From an archiving perspective the opentext archived mails have a different message class than a normal mail, so they shouldn't be archived by EV even with the default settings. But then again that may not be supported anyway. 

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6

Just curious..... Would you be willing to tell why your client is migrating from OpenText?

Are they having any particular issues?

I only ask becaus we have some of their products, and they dont seem that great.

FreKac2
Level 6

Hi Andrew,

I haven't heard the specific reasons but I can look into it if you want.

I came into the project after the sales process, so I don't know the discussions before the decisions were made. The customer are consolidating/creating a new standard mailplatform with Exchange 2010 and EV9.

Cheers

Fredrik

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6

If you get a chance to find out, that would be great.