cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any solution to displaying "follow up flag" text string

mikus
Level 2

Is there currently any way to display, in the "follow up flag" column in outlook Vault section , the text string assigned to that email/field?

The text string is still 'there' but display is for whatever reason suppressed.

This is causing great consternation for some users in my organization.   Search of forum for status/solutions was inconclusive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Mikus,

Basically, the Virtual Vault you see is constructed by individual properties of the archived item.  At this time, it appears that the follow up flag is not one of these properties (It is still contained in the archived message).  I have not seen anything to say that this will be added in the future.

So, I would say it is working as designed.  If you want, you can put in an enhancement request regarding this so that it would be looked at for a possible inclusion in the future, but there is no guarantee that it would be.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Mikus,

Reviewing the properties that are contained in the stub, within the MDC (MetaDataCache), I believe the flag status is stored in the PR_FLAG_STATUS property of the message, which does not form part of the stubs in Virtual Vault.

mikus
Level 2

Thanks Chris - can you give it to me a bit more dumbed down?   I read this as "no solution/workaround at this time or on horizon", sound right?

I'm not very well versed in the mechanics of this application, rather I'm an end user seeking answers here because my internal IT resources don't have the wherewithal to hit a pinata in a coat closet.   Cheers

mikus
Level 2

I follow exactly now - thanks again.

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Mikus,

Basically, the Virtual Vault you see is constructed by individual properties of the archived item.  At this time, it appears that the follow up flag is not one of these properties (It is still contained in the archived message).  I have not seen anything to say that this will be added in the future.

So, I would say it is working as designed.  If you want, you can put in an enhancement request regarding this so that it would be looked at for a possible inclusion in the future, but there is no guarantee that it would be.

Hope this helps.