cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to apply this mailbox policy?

citizen
Level 4

Hi,

I am running EV9.02 and Exchange 2010 SP2.

Our current Exchange policy is to only archiving items with attachments if they are older than 180 days.

We save a trememdous amount of space with little user impact, but item count is becoming an issue.

I would like to apply an additional policy of archiving all items over three years old and delete the shortcuts.

I've done some searching but haven't found an obvious solution. Is there a way to add this policy?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is an option.

Be advised that it might take you a while before that 2nd option has run to completion. Also take in account that in the provisioning report, you will see doubles, the 2nd listing 'already in provisioning group A'. This is cosmetic obviously.

What you might want to try (use a test Provisioning Group, copy the current policy, set the PG to use the new policy, make it no 1 in the orderlist of PG's) is the following:

On the Archiving Rules:

Archive items when they are older than 3 years.

Never archive items younger than 180 days.

UNTICK archive only messages with attachments.

In Archiving Actions:

UNTICK create shortcut to archived item after archiving.

You might want to use Shortcut deletion, and set that to 'delete shortcuts if they're older than 180 days, but that is something you need to decide upon. Because it applies also to already existing shortcuts.

Hope this helps.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well, first of all, a user can only have one archiving policy applied to them.

I'm not in front of the VAC right now so can't see the archiving rules page -- but there might be an option in there.

Working for cloudficient.com

citizen
Level 4

So without a better option I was considering the following:

Creating two provisioning groups with the two different mailbox policies (both would include all users)

Rotate their order on a regular basis so that both archiving policies process as desired.

Any better ideas?

Any flaws with this plan?

Is anyone doing this?

Thanks!

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is an option.

Be advised that it might take you a while before that 2nd option has run to completion. Also take in account that in the provisioning report, you will see doubles, the 2nd listing 'already in provisioning group A'. This is cosmetic obviously.

What you might want to try (use a test Provisioning Group, copy the current policy, set the PG to use the new policy, make it no 1 in the orderlist of PG's) is the following:

On the Archiving Rules:

Archive items when they are older than 3 years.

Never archive items younger than 180 days.

UNTICK archive only messages with attachments.

In Archiving Actions:

UNTICK create shortcut to archived item after archiving.

You might want to use Shortcut deletion, and set that to 'delete shortcuts if they're older than 180 days, but that is something you need to decide upon. Because it applies also to already existing shortcuts.

Hope this helps.

Regards. Gertjan