cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Exchange rollups - troubleshoothing

Merv
Level 6
Partner
Have 2 broken CAS servers-can't see icons/AE/Search exp after patching exchange to 2010sp1 rolllup3. Is there any reason to re-run owauser.wsf after patching exchange? I get a http 401 error ( unauthorized access denied) captured in the OWA extension logs and OWA extension was fine before the upgrade and also working in my other CAS servers in different sites. Have checked EVanon directory on the server and anonymous user settings are same as before and CAS ip addresses are defined properly so why the 401 errors? Web.config also looks ok. Sorry some missing info: pure exchange 2010 env with 3 EV servers(all 9.02.) I have one EV server facing the OWA issue after patching to exchange 2010 SP1 updated rollup 3.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Merv
Level 6
Partner

I just reran the owauser.wsf and that seems to have fixed albeit a little slow to take effect. One my CAS servers was still not showing AE or Search after running the script,scync mbx and restart ev admin services But then after a few minutes it worked... On both servers for that location. Still testing this out every now and then to ensure it STAYS that way. I'll have to re-run it on all my EV Servers...to take of the CAS servers with the problem and I hope that fixes all of them.

Thanks again Tony.

p.s. running owauser.wsf is not on one the steps on  that TECH159850..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you will want to re-run the EV OWA configuration after you apply Exchange patches. 

There is this technote: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159850

Merv
Level 6
Partner

I just reran the owauser.wsf and that seems to have fixed albeit a little slow to take effect. One my CAS servers was still not showing AE or Search after running the script,scync mbx and restart ev admin services But then after a few minutes it worked... On both servers for that location. Still testing this out every now and then to ensure it STAYS that way. I'll have to re-run it on all my EV Servers...to take of the CAS servers with the problem and I hope that fixes all of them.

Thanks again Tony.

p.s. running owauser.wsf is not on one the steps on  that TECH159850..