cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment Archiving Shortcut Design totally outdated

FLX
Level 4

Hi there,

is there a known to re-fresh the design of IPM.Appointments Attachments links?

My regular policy for Mailbox Archiving includes no attachment links to that old-fashioned ViewMessage.asp ev site, preview leads directly to attachment, on-click retrieves e-mail from vault.

Also I have the same policies applied, for attachments links in appointments I only receive this old fashioned viewmessage.asp, neither the attachment directly nor the appointment in evs.

That I cannot retrieve that Appointment completely in Outlook like regular Shortcuts I've learned in further postings (recurring apointments and so on).

But what about EV 12 Corporate Design? Any tips would be very appreciated. Please note my description below.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

It should open the attachment directly. I've just tested it with a txt file attachment and it worked for with 12.1.1.

However, when the attachment was itself an appointment, then I got the viewmessage.asp page. The issue is that the links should work from any email client, so EV can't just give a MSG file for Outlook to open.

Hope that clarifies the behaviour for you, even if it is an old style view.....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

It should open the attachment directly. I've just tested it with a txt file attachment and it worked for with 12.1.1.

However, when the attachment was itself an appointment, then I got the viewmessage.asp page. The issue is that the links should work from any email client, so EV can't just give a MSG file for Outlook to open.

Hope that clarifies the behaviour for you, even if it is an old style view.....

Just verified it with my 12.0.3 - you're correct.

But very uncomprehensible for me, that Veritas releases a brand new product design with ev 12 and a central web componete is literally stuck in the early 2000s.

Almost 90 % of attachments in calendar items are stored as msg file. For user reason this switch in look and feel is hard to explain.