cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approximate Speed of Extraction of the Archived e-mail Data from Symantec Enterprise Vault to PST file

K10W
Not applicable

Hi All,

There is a Symantec Enterprise Vault Archival System (On-Premise) having approx. 3 TB of e-mail archived Data, The data is from about 300 odd mailboxes. This needs to be exported to the PST files. The Symantec EV has a backend as EMC Datadomain on which the data resides, 

The Query is what could be the speed of the extraction of such archived e-mail Data to the PST? Is there any performance guide providing such information, or any POC results for the extraction of the archived e-mail data residing on the EMC DataDomain to the PST using the "PST Export" Wizard? 

What could be the estimated timlines I would be looking at for the extraction activity? 

Thanking you all in advance, any information or guidence would be very helpful,

Regards, K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's too environment specific to answer, you'd have to test it yourself.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's too environment specific to answer, you'd have to test it yourself.

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Rob is correct.

Do keep in mind that when exporting using the wizard, you get a setting somewhere about the size of the PST-file. Do NOT keep the default (20480MB). set it slightly lower (I use 18000).

If the export creates a PST file that is larger than this setting, EV automatically creates a 2nd PST, and continues the export. I have found that if you use the default, the export will hang if the first PST is indeed 20Gb. When selecting a lower value, the export continuous without issues.

Regards. Gertjan