cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Account does not disaply

EVRocks
Level 5

I have an archive account which archiving status has been disabled but for some reason EV does not display this account within EV management console. However, the account does display in EV Directory SQL table when I run sql script and it does show that it’s disabled.

Also the account appears under enable/disable mailbox wizard but it just does not show under Archive - Exchange Mailbox list. Basically this account is a leaver and other user need to access the archived items on this vault account.

The AD account was disabled and the Exchange mailbox was deleted. I have now re-enable the AD, re-connect the mailbox. Run the Provisional task, re-synch the account but still does not show in the archive list.

I am not sure why Symantec does not introduce search facility under EV management console. sometimes this can be very handy.

Any ideas or suggestion of how to be able to view and access this archive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
In which case the user never had an archive or someone deleted the archive or the users name changed since being disabled
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think you should submit your last couple of sentences in the Ideas area of the forums.

To the original problem - is it perhaps a shared archive? I mean did you look through each of the options, and 'right click + refresh' ?

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Which table you querying that shows it disabled? ExchangeMailboxEntry or Archive? If archive, what's the archive type number given to it under the Root table?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Try to ZAP that User Mailbox and reconnect to old archive at the time of enabling for archiving.

EVRocks
Level 5

I have been querying ExchangeMailboxEntry and it does appear but I noticed the DefaultVaultId attribute is blank.

When I tried to query from Archive table I get no record return for this account.

I have Zap the account and now it appears under new mailbox for enabling and when I select "Select Archive" tab the account is not listed in the list of archvie.

Cheers,

JesusWept3
Level 6
In which case the user never had an archive or someone deleted the archive or the users name changed since being disabled

EVRocks
Level 5

The user has been in the company for over year, it's unlikely that his account was not enabled. but can not prove that.

We do not delete archive account due to the retention that we do not delete archive items. but not sure if that is the case. Do we know where to look for this setting which allow/disallow to delete archive account.

I can see there are other users where they supposed to have archive been disabled but when I go to Disable Mailbox wizard I do see their account under "New mailboxes only" list. is this means that the user never enabled for archiving.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi EVRocks,

Can you post the values for this archive from the EV Directory > ArchiveView? Do 'copy with headers' from SQL so we can take a look at the archive's config.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Well the user doesn't have an archive?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sorry, I didn't read this part "When I tried to query from Archive table I get no record return for this account", but since you mentioned this: "and other user need to access the archived items on this vault account", I thought that there was an existing archive in the Enterprise Vault system. Were you referring to the EV archive? Have you tried removing the entry from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, re-run the Provisioning Task and try to enable the mailbox again?

EVRocks
Level 5

Gentleman,

I followed JesusWept's note which suggests the user never had an archive. So what I did I restored the mailbox from the date earlier than the date the mailbox was deleted and I noticed there were no shortcut items which indicates that the mailbox was never enabled for archiving.  it's most likely our heldesk team never enabled it.

this brings me to ask a question here which is What is the best way to automate lever's process from EV point of view. I used to advise help desk to use ZAP but this evpm require using service account which is not ideal.

The problem I have with the current disabling process is that I can not automate the permissioning removal and the change of Bill usage to field.