Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Discovery Suite Licensing question

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We plan to do Journal archiving for 1000 users and Mailbox Archiving for 8000. Discovery Accelerator searches will be performed against all archives so I´m wondering how many Archive Discovery licenses will be needed: 1000 or 8000?

Licensing guide states the following:

Per User- based on the total number of current Exchange, SMTP or Domino User mailboxes to be Journaled and then archived - not the number of users performing Discovery. This is typically all or subset of all employees in the company.

If additional content sources are also being searched via Discovery Accelerator, the number of unique users for these content sources must also have a license. Only 1 license per user is required regardless of the number of content sources being archived.

The second paragraph is what made me doubt about something I considered under control.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I am pretty sure you need to license all 8000 users for Journal Archiving. 

Journaling covers all in and outcoming mails, aslong as you do not have multiple mailboxes for the same users you need to license them all.

Remember to only license users not mailboxes. If some mailboxes are shared and you have a license for each of the users, you do not need to license the mailbox.

Actually I do not see why mailbox and journal licenses should differ.

Did you speak ti Veritas about the licenses?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i think for this situation you should work with your sales counterparts at Veritas to figure out the licensing requirements.

mnakhan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Is the 1000 users are same in 8000 users? if yes then 7000 for "storage management" 1000 users "E-Discovery Standrad/Advanced"

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thank you,

I I think it depends on the number of users being serached and in this case 8000 is the right number.

Thanks!

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Is that true even if dsicovery accelerator searches are being done against all 8000 archives?