cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Entire mailbox

EBK
Level 4
Hi

Is there a way to archive an entire mailbox in one go? Manually and automatically?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

sleddog
Level 5
Partner
Certainly...

Go to your mailbox archiving task, run now, selected mailboxes, and select the mailbox you'd like to archive. If you want everything, that mailbox needs a zero day archiving policy.

You can archive a limited number of messages or the whole mailbox. I would reccomend that you run it in report mode first to get an idea of how much data will be archived. You can extrapolate the time from the amount of data.

Mattigan
Level 3
I am also trying to do this but am running into problems,I have been somewhat thrown in at the deep end with this product and so would like a pointer as to what the problem is or what I have missed out in setting this up.

I have created a Zero Day policy and Provisioning group and pointed it at a newly created Zero Day Policy OU in AD, added the user to the OU in AD. Everything looks ok, but when I try to run the archiving task against the users mailbox it immediately starts then fails with the following error "processing failed to launch" with the reason qouted as NONE. (not very helpful!)

Thanks in advance!

EBK
Level 4
Hi

I have managed to make the 0 day policy work however the accounts must be enabled which was my problem.

Message Edited by EBK on 05-07-2008 02:56 AM

Mattigan
Level 3
The user is an existing enable user that is moving office, hence the need to archive the entire mailbox, so I can export it to PST. As I understand it his mailbox should remain enabled when it is moved between OUs Provisioning groups and has new Archiving policies applied to it, is this correct, or do I need to re enable him?

EBK
Level 4
You don't need to renable him as it was working with the previous policy applied to it... there is one thing you could check is the provisioning task, make sure it works OK. Create a dumy user, add it to the OU where you have your 0 day policy linked to, run the provisioning task, try to enable the mailbox and see if the archiving task runs properly

Mattigan
Level 3
For info:

Just spoke to a guy here who worked on Enterprise Vault when it was the KVS product (a loooong time ago)

He has confirmed that the error I am getting is not an error at all, but a status report telling me that "processes failed to Launch" = None.

i.e. The process has launched successfully

It's just that the way it's worded and the way the alert pops up gives the impression that there is something wrong when there is not!

Duh!! Smiley Wink