cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer hangs with error

Chris_Powers
Level 3
Users who click on Enterprise Vault Archive Explorer (EVAE)

experiance a hang and then the below error message.... anybody else seen this?

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this stylesheet.

Thanks,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Powers
Level 3
Found the solution to this issue.....thanks to Micah!

Log into the EV server Goto the Policies, exchange, mailbox policy and open the policy.

Click on the advance tab then change the list settings to "Desktop"

Scroll down to the setting Launch Archive explorer and Modify it to be "Separate browser"

Click OK

I'm not sure If you have to do it or not but then go to Vault tasks and sync your mailboxes.

close your outlook client and Bam! your up and running again!

I hope this helps someone else in the future!

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Chris,
I actually stole the solution from somebody else on the forum. :) Just an example of the EV community helping our own.

Anyhow, the bug manifests due to an xml hotfix pushed out by microsoft. Symantec usually takes like 30 to 45 days to get an official response hotfix out, but in the mean time the workaround is just fine. Annoying, but fine.

micah

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Symantec engineering are working with MicroSoft to resolve this issue. As a workaround please use the solution above, and for Version5 users please add LaunchAEInBrowser=1 to the desktopsettings.txt file

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
http://support.veritas.com/docs/285533