cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer view empty...

BruGuy
Level 6

Hello,

For one of our users, the archive explorer view is empty.

If they click on a shortcut, the item opens ok. If they click on the Search Vaults button in the Outlook toolbar, they can find items. But if they click on the search button inside the Archive Explorer, it returns no results.

Same thing happens if we give another user access to her archive.

Done a client reset, re-sync'd perms, no use.

Any ideas please?

EV8.0 SP5 client and server. Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.

Thanks,

- Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Have a look at this tech note:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52763

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Have a look at this tech note:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52763

BruGuy
Level 6

... step one displays about 10 folders. My problem is that the Archive Explorer doesn't list ANY folders at all. So not the same thing.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you do the part two bit, and look particularly to see what the Top of the Information Store, and whether or not there is more than one, and that have null as the parent.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if this is just a one-off and the technote and other suggestions dont work, as a last resort you could export the archive to PST, delete it, create a new one, and import the items back in.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I saw that tech note recently, and whilst it would fix it, I reckon it is a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a walnut solution. cool

I would love to know how that TN fits in to the legal compliance side of things...

"we had an issue with this archive, so er yea we deleted the original and used the data we recovered from it to make a new one"

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can't be legally compliabt with mailbox archiving anyhow, you need journaling and journal archives, as well as compliant archive storage. so this should not be an issue :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Ok Michel fair point, but with compliant storage, you cant delete the archive anyway because it contains data the storage is protecting... 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This depends on your setup. You can seperate Journaling and MBX Archiving into seperate Vault Stores having one compliant and one not :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.