cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Japanese language emails.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

We have Enterprise Vault 9.0 installed in our environment with Exchange 2007. We have an email users that receives and sends both English and Japanese emails. Is there any confgiuration change that we need to make in order to migrate her smoothly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay so in Regional and Language Options from control panel - I'd make sure you have the Supplemental Language Support options installed.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

migrate her? From what to what?

Error messages when viewing or replying to items that contain certain Japanese characters [Ref E1706460]

When the body or subject line of an Enterprise Vault shortcut contains certain Japanese characters, you may receive an error message if you choose to view or reply to the original item.

To resolve this issue, change the value of the Exchange Mailbox Policy setting called "Encode custom body using appropriate code pages" to "On" on the Enterprise Vault server. Then restart the Enterprise Vault Task Controller service.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Actually she is not being migrated her archive will come directly from email in her Excahnge mailbox. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You might also want to add the languages packs on to the EV server (if you haven't got them already)

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Are you referring to Language Pack for Windows?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Actually ignore me... I was thinking Windows 2003-world.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

We are running Windows Server 2003.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay so in Regional and Language Options from control panel - I'd make sure you have the Supplemental Language Support options installed.