cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Question

idaman
Level 3

I have a group of users that are permissioned to a mailbox with 75 year retention.

They did not understand that they needed to move items from their mail to the 75 year mailbox BEFORE it was vaulted on their accounts.
So now, they are trying to take care of this. They moved the vaulted shortcuts to the 75 year mailbox – which I know won’t work.

What is the best way for them to get the items that are already vaulted from their vault to the 75 year mailbox vault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

i am not quite sure what your question or objective is but you can use the restore the archive to original mailbox and then get them to move to the 75 year retention mailbox or you can use export the archive to PSTs and then import them into the 75 year retention mailbox.

On the Admin console expand to Archives and the right click choose Export (Import) PST.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

what version of Enterprise Vault are you running? since EV8 onwards there is now the Update Moved Items ability as part of the Archiving policy and an option in that routine is to update the retention category

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

i am not quite sure what your question or objective is but you can use the restore the archive to original mailbox and then get them to move to the 75 year retention mailbox or you can use export the archive to PSTs and then import them into the 75 year retention mailbox.

On the Admin console expand to Archives and the right click choose Export (Import) PST.

Hope that helps.

idaman
Level 3

EV9.2, thanks for the reply. 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

aaaaaaah yeah sorry, CTEV is right, i thought they just were moving around folders as opposed to mailboxes.butyeah restore and rearchive, thats all you can do

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146