cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Search issues

GauravAditya
Level 5
 Hello All,

I have been facing a lot of trouble with the EV Search archive issues.

Following is the list of the ones encountered till now: -

1. Search not working properly:
- Date range search is not getting all the mails in that range.  (Example: In my mail box if there are 6 archived mails on Date 15/11/08 , a search from 15/11/08 to 15/11/08 gets only three mails.
- Mails out of range is also retrieved. (Example: If search from and to date is 10/11/08 to 11/11/08, mails of 12/11/08 are also retrieved)
-------------------------------------------------------
2. Multiple copies of the mails are being restored:
When a single mail from vault is restored to mail box, multiple copies of the same mail are restored (Example: I restored a specific archived mail of 28/08/08 and now there are six copies of the same mail and same date restored in my mail box)
3. When a basket is created and restored, the status shows as ‘Restoring’ till a next basket is created even though the mails are restored.
4. In VAC, if I right click on an Archive (of a user) and click on Search Archive, it returns an error: - 

X Network Access Message: The website cannot be found  
Explanation: The IP address for the website you requested could not be found. 

Try the following: 
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion. 
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped. 
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link. 
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk. 

Technical Information (for support personnel) 
Error Code 11001: Host not found 
Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access. This is usually due to a DNS-related error. 
Date: 11/5/2009 12:54:22 PM [GMT] 
Server: cwadcsvr01.cworld.com.bh 
Source: DNS error 

You can also refer to the attached Deployment Scanner Report.

Can someone please help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi,

As there are several issues here I would strongly suggest you log a case with support for each seperate issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi,

As there are several issues here I would strongly suggest you log a case with support for each seperate issue.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I agree with Paul, but perhaps a quickie is number 4...  What is the name of the server you're on?  Is it :

cwadcsvr01.cworld.com.bh

That's the server the VAC is trying to contact, I think.
Working for cloudficient.com

GauravAditya
Level 5

1. Most of the search issues were related to the incorrect date format being used as the string... MM/DD/YYYY was to be used.... (PJuster helped in the resolution)

2. IWA was not enabled on Exchange VD;

3. On the EV server, checked the EVAnon directory.  IP address listed had an incorrect subnet mask listed.  Removed the entry adding back only the IP address of the Exchange server instead of an IP and subnet

4. On the web.config file on the Exchange server, removed <add key="EnterpriseVault_WebDAVRequestProtocol" value="https"/>

All issues resolved.