cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Sent Items Weekly

Aleksandar1
Level 2

Hello all,

I am new on Symantec Enterprise Vault and recently i received a request to archive sent items of a shared mailbox weekly or even daily.

I looked on EV but cant find these kind of settings so my question is, is it possible to do this and how ? (*Note that there is already a policy applied on this mailbox which archive when the mailbox is at 80% of the capacity. The idea is to keep this policy and add the new one if possible.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Aleks

5 REPLIES 5

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Do you only want to archive sent items?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Aleks, the archiving schedule will be determined by the setting in the archiving task for the Exchange server where the mailbox resides. in order to archive a specific folder with a different policy than the rest of the mailbox you will need to use EVPM. See section 25 in the Utilities.pdf that comes with EV for detailed instructions. Also, there are many technotes and examples for how to use EVPM on this site.

Aleksandar1
Level 2

Hello,

@CConsult: No, we want to keep the current policy and add this one to archive sent items.

@AndrewB: Thank you, but can you confirm me that i can keep the current policy also ?

Kind regards,

Aleks

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you'll create an .ini file for EVPM and in there you will config it to only apply to 1 mailbox and 1 folder and it will be in addition to the policy settings in EV since you dont have anything specific in place for sent items already

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

follow up Andrews tip, thats probably the only way to do it right.