cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Task Event ID 2851

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I am running Enterprise Vault v9.0 with Exchange 2007 SP3RU7. My "Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task" is in a failed state. I am getting the following event errors in the event log 2276 and 2851. All of my partitions on the Vault server seem to have plenty of space. Any ideas of where to go from here?

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

refer the following document 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH124755

it states you need to free disk space on the Exchange server .

PoorAdmin
Level 6

SO, it's looking at disk space and not "white Space"? What threshold triggers this? How much space needs to be available and where is that determined?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It is a disk space issue not whitespace .Enterprise vault does not have any component installed on the exhange server , the communication between Ev and exchange happens using MAPI . Currently  there is no any specific threshhold vaule which I  am aware of , but in most of the case if it is been found the location for the exchange database runs low disk space (in case of any migration happening ) or if there is any issue with the exchange database.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Can you determine which database? I have over 30.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I am not sure , but you may search for some powershell scripts  which will give the the information . 

eg http://poshcode.org/1902 

(Note : I have not used the steps in this document , just found using google )

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I appreciate the link but is there no way to tell from EV which DB it is having a problem with?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I dont think so you can determine it from Ev, even dtrace would not have enough information about the exchange database which is causing the issue . Still you may just run the Dtrace, we may proably find which mailbox  it is trying to make the connection and then we check the state of the exchange database for that mailbox .