cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive index issue

PoorAdmin
Level 6
I have a user whos archive indexed items are not close to the index range. See attached. Does the archive need to be sync'd or rebuilt?
1 REPLY 1

daveoflave
Level 4
Employee

Hi PoorAdmin,

I can't be 100% sure without knowing more about your environment, but it's entirely possible for that to be normal, based on item deletions and storage expiry. 

In other words, as things get deleted from the archive by any means, those ISN's (Index Sequence Numbers) don't get made available to be used with new savesets again.  The range needs to keep climbing to keep a number order, chronologically, of what's archived. 

So you've got 20 savesets in an archive, ranging ISN's from 1 to 20.  Then storage expiry deletes numbers 1 to 10.  New items getting archived will still take on 22, 23, 24, etc.  Now 1-10 are not going to be assigned to those.

On the other hand, if you could verify that no storage expiry is running, and users could not have deleted those; I'd say you should run a Synch to see if it updates to match.  If it doesn't, it might be worth a rebuild.  If that still doesn't help, you can contact support.

But most times; that's normal if deletions are or can be occurring. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Daveoflave