cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive items age

Remah
Level 3

hi everyone,

In my company sometimes we need to back for emails that ages more than 3 years, but the EV policies setted the deletion process to be after 3 years, I checked the administration console and I can untick "delet expired items" option for a singular mailbox, so how can I apply that for the whole mailboxes or for one of the store?

thank you,,,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

If you want to have that 3 year retention, but not use the automatic expiry, essiest would be to:

In the retention category, tab Details, you check "Prevent automatic deletion of expired items with this category".

Or, if you do not want to expire automatically at all, set the Storage Expiry schedule to 'never' on the Site properties.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Hi ya,

I am a bit unclear of the end goal.  Do you want to retain emails for everyone now so nothing gets deleted after 3 years, or just a few users?

TS

oh yeah, I want to retain emails for everyone now and make the archived emails never deleted unless the user wants to delete it.

thanks

GertjanA

Hello,

If you want to have that 3 year retention, but not use the automatic expiry, essiest would be to:

In the retention category, tab Details, you check "Prevent automatic deletion of expired items with this category".

Or, if you do not want to expire automatically at all, set the Storage Expiry schedule to 'never' on the Site properties.

Regards. Gertjan

thank you