cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive messages from IIS

LMCUAdmin
Level 2

I am looking to see if I can create a target that points to IIS. We have a website that sends emails by generic SMTP IIS server and they do not go through exchange directly but they do go through a non exchange smart host.

So as you can guess Exchange does not have a record of the email but my Websense appliance does.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BigPhil
Level 5

Any reason you cant just configure this particular web app to point directly at your Exchange HT role server instead of bypassing it? Are you doing Exchange envelope journaling and also licensed for Enterprise Vault Journaling?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you have a directory where these files are stored, you can set this up as an FSA target and archive the data that way.

another option would be to bcc another recipient on all those emails which would be an exchange mailbox and you can have that mailbox archived by EV.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think Andrew is referring to SMTP archiving:

Overview of SMTP Archiving

Article:HOWTO57820  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2012-09-23  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57820

BigPhil
Level 5

Any reason you cant just configure this particular web app to point directly at your Exchange HT role server instead of bypassing it? Are you doing Exchange envelope journaling and also licensed for Enterprise Vault Journaling?