cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive number of items limit?

jlg
Level 4
Is there a setting for number of items to archive per user?  I ran the Vault Store Usage by Archive report and I have a quite a few users who show Total Items:  600

I can't find a setting to show me more than 600 items on the report or remove that limit in the Vault Administration console to archive more than 600 items per user.
2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

There is no limit.
The only limit is the number of items which get archived per-archive run and per user.
Seems like you have got archiving for 3 days, as 200 is the standard limit, I believe.

You have 3 options:

1. Wait some more days
2. Run a manual archive, and select more items per pass or all items
   -> In the VAC, right click on -> Directory on <computer> -> <site> -> Enterprise Vault Servers -> <server> -> Tasks -> Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for <server> and choose "Run Now", then select the options you want
3. Adjust the "Maximum number of items per target per pass" setting, on the same location, but choose properties instead of "Run Now", and click Settings.

Also, check your schedule of the archive run, that it has enough time to archive. (On an average server, you should get ~2 GB per hour as an estimate - of course this depends on your environment and can be higher/lower)

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Any news here?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.