cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive task - shortcut processing only

DSilva
Level 3

Hi there,

Is there a way to configure an Exchange Mailbox Archiving task to only do "shortcut processing" or is this option only available on "Run Now".

We don't want any new archiving to happen but want to continue removing old shortcuts according to policy.

Cheers,
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That would also be my suggestion.

Configure the Mailbox policy to archive items older than 999 Years. Configure the other tabs according to your wishes. Sync the mailboxes. Let the task run according to schedule.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Prone2Typos

Select Run Now and then "Shortcut Processing" . It will only do shortcut operations. the guides describe it. This is an unofficial one but it should do for our purposes: http://systemmanager.ru/ev_help.en/extfile/admin_console_help/idd_schedule_run_now_dlg_ex.htm

Thanks - my question was more around the point if there's an automated way to run that on a schedule as opposed to just the "Run Now" manual option.

Prone2Typos

I do not recall a way. Have you considered managing this via policy (set a really long arching date or never archive items larger than 1 KB or something)?

GertjanA

That would also be my suggestion.

Configure the Mailbox policy to archive items older than 999 Years. Configure the other tabs according to your wishes. Sync the mailboxes. Let the task run according to schedule.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks both for the prompt responses.

I've gone with increasing retention to 999 years and everything else runs normally.
Seems to be working as desired.

Cheers,
David