Archive with button yes with politics not

Gonza
Level 5
Hi, I have this scenario:

- EV8.01
- Sql 2005
- Outlook 2007 sp1
- Exchange 2007

Some users cannot archive when I run the task, but if I push the desktop store in vault button, works well. The problem is that I have no error  in the event viewer.

One tip:  When I pushed the store in vault button , a windows appears to connect to the ev server asking for a user and a pass.

Thanks in advance !!!

GP
13 REPLIES 13

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The first thing you will want to do is check your provisioning group and make sure the option to Archive mailboxes in this provision group is checked.

If that is checked, then do a run now in report mode to see what items are eligible and what would be archived.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
In addition to what Tony advised

Because the users are being prompted for username and password when trying to manually archive, check to ensure you have entered the Vault Server alias, both fully qualified and not in the "Add server to Intranet Zone" (e.g. Server1; Server1.example.com).  This setting is in the Desktop Policy, Advanced Tab.

If this was not set and you add it now, be sure to "Syncronize all the mailboxes" after making any changes to the Policy.

Judy Glazier

Gonza
Level 5
I am thinking that coulb be the alias, now says EVSERVER.corp.pluspetrol.net where I can change that?

Regards
GP

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Sorry, I don't understand your question. 

Judy

Gonza
Level 5
I am thinking...in the ev installation the dns alias was bad configured, hoy I can change that option?

Thanks

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Before you try making changes to the Vault Server alias that you are using now.  Test out what I mentioned before.  If it works it would save a lot of extra steps to change an existing alias.

ensure you have entered the Vault Server alias, both fully qualified and not in the "Add server to Intranet Zone" (e.g. EVServer; EVServercorp.pluspetrol.net ). This setting is in the Desktop Policy, Advanced Tab.

Be sure to do a "Syncronize all the mailboxes" after making any changes to the Policy.

Do these steps and then test manual archve to see if you are still prompted.  Be sure to close Outlook while making the changes and syncronizing the mailboxes.

Judy

Gonza
Level 5
Is still asking me user and pass....how I can reconfigure the alias?

Thanks

TonySterling
I doubt the DNS is an issue.  If it was incorrect you would be seeing more errors, etc.

I do recommend you open a call with support.  They will be able to spend the necessary time with you to explain what is happening in your environment.  Please post back your findings for the benifit of the community.

Regards,

Gonza
Level 5
I will try to see the permissions because some exchange's users works well and other(users who became from Lotus notes) not

Regards
GP

Gonza
Level 5
When I try to archive, a windows appear asking me user and pass, when I wrote the user and pass the following error appears.

Someone knows what permissions I don't have ????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not process the selected item

Reason: the web server responded with error 0

Unauthorized
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TonySterling
Highly recommend you raise this case with support so they can walk you through anything you might have missed. 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Have you resolved this problem Gonza?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Gonza
Level 5
I could resolve this problem.

In the ev server an outlook 2007 was installed. The software compatibility list was allowed with this version, but the ev scanner not. So I have to install outlook 2003 but the problem was the same. So I have to go the SQL server and delete some data and restart all the services. Then the problem was fixed.

Thanks in advance to all