cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Items remain in Archive Pending state

hprasad
Not applicable
Hi,
We have set Enterprise Vault to automatically archive emails older than 2 months. This works fine as all emails older than 2 months gets archived and the icon changes from pending to archived. But when we manually archive items younger than 2 months, it remains in pending state till it gets older than 2 months. We should be able to manually archive emails younger than 2 months also. Am I missing something. Please advice.
11 REPLIES 11

bala_mouse1
Level 3
Hi Prasad,
I was also facing the same issue, if you found the solution pls upload it .If i found the solution i will upload it

Peter_Kozak
Level 5
Partner

Which Version of EV did you use?

Cheers,
Peter

bala_mouse1
Level 3
Hi peter,
Enterprise Vault - Version: 8.0.1.1560.

thanks
Bala

hbrits
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi
Normally if you archive items manually it will stay in archive pending state untill the next archive task is run. Check the config on the archive task that it runs once a day and is configure to include the mailboxes that have this issue. Try and test it by running the archive task manually.

Henri

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
hbrits, for Exchange Mailbox Archiving your statement is not true.

How long an item stays pending depends on two things :-

The policy with regards to keeping safety copies or not.

Whether or not a backup has occurred if safety copies are enabled.
Working for cloudficient.com

OlafD
Level 5

We have EV 7.5 and Outlook 2003. We have the same problems since last week. Only for some users. I have checked all these suggestions: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281339.htm
But nothing solved it. I also checked the backup of the SQl server database, but this also went fine. Removed the plugin for one user, restarted, reinstalled the plugin, restarted; same issue. When manually archiving, it keeps on the icon Pending Archive. I can do Cancel Operation and this works. But when I click archive again, the Pending icon will not disappear. Two users that have this issue, have different policies.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd suggest a client trace, and dtrace of the archivetask to see where this is going.

If you're not familiar with this then it might be best to work it through Support.

sergiof
Level 3
hi i am facing the same problem - did anybody found a solution for this?

Thanks
Sergio

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
sergiof, please start a new thread.. and include some details of your configuration (EV versions, safety copy settings, storage, and so on)

OlafD
Level 5
Sorry for my late reply. We have solved here. On the Exchange Mailstore, the Enterprise Vault account we use for the services, had not enough privileges. We added Send As and the priv Receive As for this user and then it was solved!

sergiof
Level 3
hi olafd - thank for the reply - it seemed in my case it was a matter of the backup not running correctly , even tho it was entering and exiting backup mode correctly..