cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Items waiting to be indexed count from SQL

OldEmployee
Level 5

I am trying to retrieve the number of archived items pending to be indexed by referring to the following article:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO59167

However, our directory database is on a different server so I am replacing the following part of query:

INNER JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView ON ArchiveView.VaultEntryId = SQ.ArchivePointId

Like this:

INNER JOIN Server-name.EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView ON ArchiveView.VaultEntryId = SQ.ArchivePointId

However, because of the hyphen (-), the query doesn't working.

How do I specify the server name with hyphen in the name for this query?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Antoine's on the right track with the brackets, but each element in the fully-qualified name should get its own set of brackets. I think this is the format you want:

[Server-name].[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveView]

Although only the hyphenated server name requires them in your case, so this should also work:

[Server-name].EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView

--Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Titoine31
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

HAve you try something like this :

INNER JOIN [Server-name.EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView] ON ArchiveView.VaultEntryId = SQ.ArchivePointId

Antoine

Yes, just did.

But query doesnt work:

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'server-name.EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView'.

Also tried with single quotes, but no luck.

Antoine's on the right track with the brackets, but each element in the fully-qualified name should get its own set of brackets. I think this is the format you want:

[Server-name].[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveView]

Although only the hyphenated server name requires them in your case, so this should also work:

[Server-name].EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView

--Chris