cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mails are not removed from mailbox

Peter_B_
Level 2
Hi all

I am testing Enterprise Vault 8.0 with Exchange Server 2007, and it seems to work, but archived items are not replaced with the shortcut.
If I open an archived item, there is a header which tells me that the object is going to be archived, and that I schould not copy, move or delete it. Also the mailbox has still the same size.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Peter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
it sounds as if the item is in a pending state.  Have you got After Backup set on the Vault Store? What this would mean is the item will not be removed from Exchange until the backup of the item has taken place in EV storage.

Open the Vault Admin Console, browse down to your Vault Store, under vault store groups etc. On the General TAB fo the properties check the settings option. If set to after backup this will be the reason.

You will need to reset the archiving attribute of the data within the storage area (partition). Most backup software does this or you can use the attrib command.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6
it sounds as if the item is in a pending state.  Have you got After Backup set on the Vault Store? What this would mean is the item will not be removed from Exchange until the backup of the item has taken place in EV storage.

Open the Vault Admin Console, browse down to your Vault Store, under vault store groups etc. On the General TAB fo the properties check the settings option. If set to after backup this will be the reason.

You will need to reset the archiving attribute of the data within the storage area (partition). Most backup software does this or you can use the attrib command.

Peter_B_
Level 2
Hi The Don

You are right, that was the problem.
Thanks your reply.

Regards
Peter