Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives not opening

chetan_k
Level 2
Partner

Hi All,

We have just deployed EV 11.0.0.1 CHF4 for Fileserver archiving (windows 2008 R2 ent sp1 with MS Cluster failover),

when tried to open archive files by clicking on the placeholders files couldn't get open and displaying "couldn't find the file"

we can access the archives from archive explorer, also we can restore to the original location through the archive explorer.

please help us to find if we are missing something.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

chetan_k
Level 2
Partner

Dear All,

I am awaiting for any comments or reply for resolution.

thanks

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

HI Chetan,

Is the EV FSA cluster resource configured correctly as per the documentation? Can you try fail over cluster resource to fail over node?
Please check if this the issue is specific for couple of placeholders.
If this issue is specific to some placeholder then can check the reparse tag by using following command and paste the link associated with reparse tag into browser to see if file retrieve fine.
C:\>fsutil reparsepoint query "C:\Test Folder\test.docx"
Example URL http://vault/enterprisevault/download.asp?VaultID=1DD8DA8F0B4879B4EBF712C379890E95F1110000evserver2&SaveSetID=

If the files retrieve successfully then I believe EV have correct copy and placeholder itself OR service/driver causing this issue. You can then collect d-trace of process EVPHservice, w3wp on File Server with StorageOnlineOpns on EV server to narrow down this issue.

Regards

Pradeep

chetan_k
Level 2
Partner

thanks for reply

FSA agent in Cluster configuration get successfully completed while FSA agent installation, however let me know which cluster resource get created after installation so that i can check on the file server.

None of the placeholders are getting open, however i can download the same or restore it to the same location using archive explorer.

please see the screenshot of error while opening the placeholder.

thanks

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Chetan,

Can you take dtrace of process EVPHservice, w3wp on active file server node with StorageOnlineOpns on EV server to darrow it down.

Regards
Pradeep

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

verify Index. Also check if the Windows Eventviewer - Enterprise vautl, tells you errors warnings.

Its probably something wrong with the index or access rights.

Rvarghese
Level 3

Right click on the placeholder and see if the Size on disk and Size of file, if it is same, then the placeholder has been recalled but still shows as offline. This means that the placeholders have been corrupt.

You can then delete those placeholders and use FSAUtility to try and recreate the placeholders.