cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving/Journaling from Exchange Servers in sub-domains

Tannaton
Level 2
We are running EV6 and we have recently created a sub-domain for a new venture.  We now have a new exchange server in this sub-domain (but in the same organisation).  I have created the journal archiving task but when I go to set the journal mailbox on the new server I can only browse mailboxes which were originally associated with user accounts from the parent domain (which have been subsequently moved to that server).  I have checked that our evadmin account (that I am using) has list contents permissions to the exchange server and store. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Richard

4 REPLIES 4

R_Meeker
Level 4
Have a look at the system mailbox on the new server.

It should be listed in the 'journal' 'task properties' 'settings'. Use the 'browse' button to select the appropriate mailbox on the new server. If there isn't one already created, I think normally called 'enterprisevautlsystemmailbox' then just create one. I think you need on per exch server.

The EV Vault service account has the permissions to that exchange environment so it just needs a mailbox for it's way in.

M

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
I suggest you follow this tech note so the name does not resolve, it will be explicit.

Also,

Do this to troubleshoot

On the EV server

1. Create an outlook profile on the EV server for the System mailbox of the Sub-domain exchange server logged in as the VSA.

2. Launch Outlook and verify that you can login to the system account under the security context of the VSA.

3. Verify that you can send a message logged in as the VSA on behalf of the sub-domain system account.

4. This will verify that you have "Send As" permissions for the VSA in that sub-domain.

If this fails then AD rights will need to be looked into.

Jim S.

Tannaton
Level 2
This has been resovled now - by pointing this task at a specific Global Catalogue server on a domain controller in the child domain.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Richard

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Thanks for the post back.

Jim S.