cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Task failing every day with error 3432, 3305, 2256

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

-> Exchange 2010 DAG servers, 8 Archiving Tasks for 8 Active and 8 passive servers in DAG

-> Archiving task runs fine, but at some point every day the RANDOM ARCHIVING tasks fails with Error Event ID 3432, followed by 3305, followed by 2256

-> Manually starting Archiving task - Fails again and again with same errors

-> Only way to get archiving tasks running is to restart Task Controller Service

-> What should be the troubleshooting steps for these errors? Do I need to look at setting registry key "NSPI max sessions per user" in Domain controller? 

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault 
Date:          24/08/2012 10:18:43
Event ID:      3432
Task Category: Archive Task
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      EVSRV1.####.com
Description:
One or more errors occurred during the creation of a profile to connect to an Exchange Server. 

Targeted Exchange Server: MKSPEX02-2 
Mailbox: SMTP:SVC_EV_MKSPEX02-2@####.com 

ConfigureMsgService failed with the following errors: 

A network error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR has been reported for the following connection points:
MKSPEX02-2
VS-DC01.####.com

Address SMTP:SVC_EV_MKSPEX02-2@####.com could not be found in the address book using the following connection points:
VS-DC01.####.com Please ensure the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running, and that the Vault Service account has sufficient permissions on the server.

Event ID:      3305
Description:
The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for MKSPEX02-2' failed to log on to Exchange server 'MKSPEX02-2' using mailbox 'SMTP:SVC_EV_MKSPEX02-2@####.com'. Please ensure the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server. 

Event ID:      2256
Description:
The Archiving Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for MKSPEX02-2' could not be started due to startup errors. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Use CAS Array FQDN...as the clients will connect to the CAS array and not the CAS members.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Are all your mailbox archiving task set to run at the same time, synch at the same time? I remember you were asking about running synch for all of your task at the same time, is that right? I did say that it is not a good idea.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/any-way-synch-all-mailboxes-under-multiple-exchange-m...

You need to schedule your task out evenly because you are running 1 EV server to host 8 active tasks. How many active users/mailbox have you got in your exchange environment?

Also go through the MAPI troubleshooting one example technote is here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49069

I would also look at clearing out your Outlook profile more frequently form the technote above. 

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Many Thanks LCT, yes after your suggestion we have changed sync to differrent hours throughout the day for differrent archiving tasks,

Number of EV enabled total users about 2000 at the moment spread across 4 active servers in Exchange 2010 DAG, 4 servers are passive.

Will change the MAPI profile expiry time to 1 and see what happens.

Do I need to look at setting registry key "NSPI max sessions per user" in Domain controller? 

Thanks again

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

if you are running Windows 2008 R2 domain controllers yes then I would advise you to.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can I also manually remove All profiles, would that have any impact?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

yes you can delete them manually...when the archiving task runs they will get created...hence you need to remove regularly using the above.

Also I would advise you to schedule for EV services restart on a daily basis this will help clearing out cached connection etc.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We went through all troubleshooting steps, MAPI stguffs, we have set profile expiry to 1

Also Manually crealed all profiles 

We have NSPI max sessions per user to max 0xffffffff ....

Exchange trottling policy is set

Mailbox Sync and Schedule for each tasks now been scheduled during differrent time slots rather than running all at the same time.

Still some archiving tasks failing randomly, sometimes restarting task controller service fixes the issue, but sometimes some tasks still keeps failing. We found that from EV server if we create a profile for that specific system mailbox for failing tasks and open outlook using that profile, then the task starts fine again.

Any clue please? What can we check to further troubleshoot this issue please?

Many Thanks

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, I have set the following two reg keys, all archiving task seems to be started fine, let see what happens in next few days

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider

Value name: Closest GC

Data type: REG_DWORD

Radix: Hexadecimal

Value data: 0x00000001

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider

Value name: DS Server

Data type: REG_SZ (string)

Value data: FQDN of the global catalog server

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If that still gives you problems then I would log a case with Tech Support to do indepth tracing of the problem.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Use DS Server and specify your CAS as the GC Once done, if it occurs check the event viewer on the CAS server for clues
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If we have a CAS Array do we specify the CAS array FQDN or just any specific CAS Member?

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If we have a CAS Array do we specify the CAS array FQDN or just any specific CAS Member?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Use CAS Array FQDN...as the clients will connect to the CAS array and not the CAS members.