cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Task not processing

twyd2009
Level 4
Hey All-

We recently setup an EV 8.0.1 server that was archiving mailboxes that were homed to an Exchange 2003 server.  No issues were encounter, archiving was running fine.  We have started to migrate users off of the Exchange 2003 server and over to an Exchange 2007 mailbox server.  I've configured the permissions for EV service account on Ex2007 and the task starts and stays in a running state, but the task never processes for the Ex2007 environment.  I know this is kind of vague, but no errors are being logged, it just never runs.  Any insight is appreciated!!!!  TIA
8 REPLIES 8

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

Can you confirm if you followed the following technote for moving users between Exchange Servers?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284956

Or disabled the users for archiving?

When you say it never runs, do you mean you have scheduled it for running and it does not? Or do you right click on it and do a run now and it never changes to processing? Do you get an event at all saying archiving has started on archiving task? Or do you mean that nothing appears to get archived?

Can users manually archive an item?

If you create a new test user does this work?

Have you run Deployment Scanner and checked the results?

LanceChase
Level 4
Certified
Permissions on 2007 is slightly different than 2003. insure that you have these setup correctly.

Also have you performed a Dtrace? if so can you share that information with us?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When you manually start the Task for the Ex2k7 Server, does it say "Processing" ? Does the Eventlog reveal any more information? Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

twyd2009
Level 4
very strange.....when i manually archive an item it works fine.  when i manually run the task, it never goes to 'processing' but items are being archived, AS I can see them awrchivnig in te users Outlook.  EV also logs this error in Event viewer:

There were too few archivable items available to take mailbox '/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=USERNAME' below the quota-free level of 25%.

Quota limit: 300000KB
Quota used: 260166KB (87% of quota limit)
Previously archived (pending): 57KB
Required to archive: 35165KB (adjusted 15231KB)
Amount archived (this run): 23196KB

Maverik
Level 6
Hi So you are doing quota and time based or just quota based archiving. The event you are seeing is correct in the info it is giving you but is not related to the task not showing as processing I can assure you. Let me give you an example scenario where this event would be generated. You have a quota limit of 100 mb on exchange set to keep this below 10% of this so 90 mb. You have 91 mb of ev shortcuts in your mailbox. EV cannot archive the ev stubs again therefore cannot bring you below your quota and will generate the event you see. Basically saying you want this much off but I cannot do it. I am not saying this will be the precise cause but almost guarantee this sort of scenario. With regards the processing side of things sounds like all working apart from the asthetic side of the task not showing as processing which is mis leading. If you come out of the console and go back in does this make a difference? If bothers you perhaps log a case with support as unlikely logs etc will show you why this is. May be a dtrace of mmc perhaps?

MichelZ
Level 6
twyd2009

Does this event gets generated nightly for this User during your scheduled archiving period?
(Which would tell us that the task indeed does run as expected)

Cheers

MichelZ
Level 6
Any news here?

Cheers

Itzik_Gur
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Have you set up the task schedule properly? are you using the Site schedule or each individual task ?