cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving a single Mailbox Folder via EVPM Script

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I just recently migrated an EV 9 install to a new server. Before the migration EV was only archiving a single folder in each users mailbox. However after the migration EV is now archving the entire mailbox of every user.

Each user has a folder called "archive" in their Inbox. This is the only folder that EV should be archiving. I know you can do this via a script but I'm very fuzzy on the details. I need assistance writing a new script that I can run. I haven't been able to find a good source of information for scripting for EV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Utilities.pdf has some examples under the Policy Manager section. 

Here is what yours might look like if the folder name is Archive on the mailbox root.

[Directory]
directorycomputername = EV_server
sitename = EV_Site

[Filter] name = filter1
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal = true
UnreadMAIL = false
UseInactivityPeriod = true
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 1

[Mailbox]
distinguishedname = all

[Folder]
name = \Archive
filtername = filter1
retentioncategory = personal

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Utilities.pdf has some examples under the Policy Manager section. 

Here is what yours might look like if the folder name is Archive on the mailbox root.

[Directory]
directorycomputername = EV_server
sitename = EV_Site

[Filter] name = filter1
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal = true
UnreadMAIL = false
UseInactivityPeriod = true
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 1

[Mailbox]
distinguishedname = all

[Folder]
name = \Archive
filtername = filter1
retentioncategory = personal

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Would I need the Distinguished Name line? If I left that out would it just apply to the entire site?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you do need the DistinguishedName, however in Tonys example he uses "ALL", which means that every enabled EV user will have those policy settings applied to their mailboxes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, I only have one other question. Is it possible to run some command in the EV powershell to see if there is a folder assignment such as this already assigned? Something I could run after the fact to make sure it's applied properly?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

no, unfortunately there isn't
However if you open up Outlook and go to the properties of the folder, you will have an "Enterprise Vault" tab that shows all the EVPM details that have been applied to them.

However in order to see that, you have to use the Full EV DCOM Client (not the HTTP lite client)
If you are using Outlook 2010 and EV extensions, it would be using the HTTP client and not the full client so you wouldn't see the tab.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, unfortunately this particular client is using Outlook 2010 so I will be out of luck. Thank you for your assistance.