cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving after EV 11.0.1 upgrade

Anders_B1
Level 4

HI

We upgraded EV from 10.0.3 to 11.0.1, and the upgrade process went good.

After upgrade I run a manually archiving for some users, and it did archive from the mailboxes. I can see that number of archived items is growing and "items waiting for backup" is increasing.

However, when the scheduled archiving is running, number of archived items in the archive and the "items waiting for backup" is not increasing.

If I look in the archiving task report, the report says it has archived items.

On the disk - in the store vault partition folder - I can only see items from the manual archive i Run, no new items when the task run automatically based on the schedule.

Anyone got any tips on this issue?

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_B1
Level 4

Hi again.

Now it started working as it should. I am not really sure why. Will let you know if I find out more about this, or if the problem will come back.

Anders

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Anders,

EV11 now has the storagequeue, and no longer uses the MSMQ Storage.

When upgrading, there should be a folder created called EVStorageQueue. Check properties of the Storage service in the EV console. Check the queue location. There should be files in there.

Make sure that folder is excluded from AntiVirus scanning. Make sure you have sufficient space on the location the folder is created. On the Vault Store Properties, tab Safety Copies, verify you understand what it states there (Default Behavior). Make sure backup is running, if necessary, set backup mode, backup, clear backup mode.

Is your VaultStore in normal mode (no backup mode).? In the archiving report for the scheduled run, you say it shows 'items archived'. You should be able to verify on some archives that report items have been archived if they are in the archive.

any entries in the Eventviewer? If all looks fine, I would change the schedule to archive during the day (for 30 minutes or so), and monitor storagequeue location, eventlog, and possibly do a dtrace on the archiving task and storage processes.

If that does not assist in finding the issue, you might want to call support.

Regards. Gertjan

Anders_B1
Level 4

Thanks for quick response.

There is a EVStorageQueue location, but there are no files in the folder now. There is no AV scanning the folder, and there is plenty of free disk space.

We are not in backup mode now, and it is actually working when running a "run now" archiving task.

No interesting entries in the eventlog.

On the "safety copies tab" there are set "Yes, in the original location".

I did check one user now in the scheduled archive report, and it says it archived 165 items.

So, a few minutes after, I did run the the task in report mode, and it still says it will archive 165 items.

Then I started the task again with run now with archiving enabled (not in report mode), selected only this user. I can see elements in the EVStorageQueue folder during archiving. I can see that the archived items are put on the partition disk folder.

And number of totalt items in the vault store are increasing, and the same are number and items awaiting backup.

In totalt the manual run of this user archived 165 items - as expected. So everything seems to be working when running a manual scan.

Can there be a misconfiguration on the task? I can't remember a setting telling that a scheduled scan should not be running in "archiving mode" even when the report mode is not selected on the task.

Anders

Anders_B1
Level 4

Hi again.

Now it started working as it should. I am not really sure why. Will let you know if I find out more about this, or if the problem will come back.

Anders

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Anders,

Good.

Can you close this thread, and open a new one if you get issues again?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan