cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving an exchange discovery mailbox

FlyingBus
Level 4

Hi all, 

we need to run some legal searches and we have Enterprise vault as well as enterprise vault discovery accelerator (10.0.4 for both). Due to a legal requirement I need to run a search on both live and archived mail. I've configured the searches on the archived mail, and then using exchange multimailbox search I have a result set copied to a discovery mailbox. 

I had thought to enable the account, unhide it from address lists and then archive the discovery mailbox using enterprise vault which would then allow me to search the entire contents of the previously non archived mail (we don't do journaling). 

However, it's skipping this mailbox in the provisioning run as it's a 'system mailbox' does anyone know how I can vault this mailbox or have any experience in this area? 

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i didnt think this was possible. what if you export from your Exchange "discovery" mailbox to a PST and import that to an archive?

also just as an fyi, Clearwell can search live Exchange (but DA can't as you know)

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I created a second hidden "Discovery" mailbox to run the Exchagne search results.  I configured EV to archive hidden mailboxs and provisioned it with a 0 day policy (though generally I just manually archive the resulting folder).  Then I can run my DA searches against that mailbox.