cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving does not start

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I have installed EV 8.0 SP3 on a server and everything is configured (as far as I can see).
Manually I can archive items and also run the archive task to archive items.

But automatically nothing is being archived. I have configured the policy that al mail older than 6 months should be archived, but it doesn't work.
For new users I have enabled automatically archive.

Hopefully someone can put me to the right direction where to look.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

all new installations have an inactive site schedule - so go to your site -> right-click 'properties' and check if the Site Schedule is set to 'never'...

Cheers,

Nico

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

all new installations have an inactive site schedule - so go to your site -> right-click 'properties' and check if the Site Schedule is set to 'never'...

Cheers,

Nico

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yup 1st thing to check would be the Schedule in the site properties and then in the archiving task properties

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Thanks, i will check the setting and let you know.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Also check the provisioning group has the Archive mailboxes in this Provisioning Group option check box marked

Chris_Colden
Level 3
Partner

You may also want to run the archiving task in report mode on the selected mailboxes to make sure they actually have something to archive given your chosen policy. Then once the archiving has run on the schedule, run the archiving task again in report mode on the same mailboxes. The figures should have gone down.

A typical example is where your policy is set to archive based on quota, but the quota is too high or not set, and therefore would not archive anything.

Also check the MSMQ's while archiving is starting as you should see it populate the number of mailboxes to process it will be one of the A* MSMQ's.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Thanks, it's running now, it was the site schedule !
Many thanks for all your help.