cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving huge mailbox

Nelson_Thomas
Level 3

Hi EV Experts

We have a mailbox archive that has grown to 55GB in three months. What is the best way to manage this mailbox?What is the optimum max size for an archive?  EV 11.0.0, Exchange 2010 SP3

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

as far as EV is concerned, you're not near any sort of limit or max size for an archive. there's no builtin splitting for an archive but if you wanted at some point you'd disable the current archive and create a new one.

going back to what i said before, i sounds highly unusual for a mailbox to accumulate 55GB of data in 3 months so you might want to revisit what the users are doing and if email is the right solution for what they need to be doing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

is the mailbox (exchange) 55GB or is the archive (ev) 55GB? if the latter, there really isnt anything technically bad about an archive being that size but maybe they're doing something wrong if they've generated 55GB of data via email in only 3 months from one account.

Nelson_Thomas
Level 3

Yes it is 55GB archive. Is there any maximum size recomendation from symantec? Do we need to 'split' the archive? is it possible?

AndrewB

as far as EV is concerned, you're not near any sort of limit or max size for an archive. there's no builtin splitting for an archive but if you wanted at some point you'd disable the current archive and create a new one.

going back to what i said before, i sounds highly unusual for a mailbox to accumulate 55GB of data in 3 months so you might want to revisit what the users are doing and if email is the right solution for what they need to be doing.

Nelson_Thomas
Level 3

Thanks Andrew. Its kind of shared mailbox and the size is expected.