cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving old content into journal archive.

rnt123
Level 5

Hello,

Is there a way to have EV pull in old content from user's mailboxes into the journal archive? I assume that this is not possible without provisioning the user's mailboxes so that EV is aware of them. I guess as an alternative, would it be feasible to use Exchange native tools (mainly the export-mailbox command) to import the content into the inbox of the journal mailbox where EV would ingest the messages? The existing content should stay in all the user’s mailboxes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Easiest way is to export to PST and import into the archive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Easiest way is to export to PST and import into the archive.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it's not possible. you wouldnt want to do it because mailbox data is completely different from journal data. what you could do instead is create a mailbox archiving task and archive without deleting the original and without creating shortcuts.

Maybe if we better understood what you need to do.  In my case, I am exporting all my user archived email from the user archives prior to when we enabled journaling (2 years worth) and importing this into a shared archive in the Journal Vault store so that I can retain the data for eDiscovery after we migrate/delete the user archives. 

What is your use case?