cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving policy

flyok
Level 3

How can I archive mailboxes according to quota and next according to age?

I think, archiving policy "Based on age and quota" is not useful for us a lot. Because keeping mailboxes in quota is more important than archive plenty small old items. But we need archive old items too.

Is it possible to run two Tasks (against one mailbox server)? First based on quota and nex based on age?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Look here: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000037999 

This is for EV8/9/10, but also applies to 11 and 12 if I am not mistaken. If you select age and quota, age is done first, then quota if necessary. I've been administering a large environment, where the default policy was to only perform age-based. Once a month, for a week, we ran age and quota based. The disadvantage is that some mailboxes will be on, or over quota, and will therefor not be archived (as the archived item needs to have a shortcut written, which cannot be done if the mailbox is over quota).

If you use 'age and quota', if a mailbox is not over quota (100MB quota, 50MB mailbox), only old items will be archived. In same, mailbox which is 90MB (and quota is set to free up to 25%), old items will be archved, and then other items which should take level down to 75MB). It requires a good look at the policy, as the overrides (do not archive items older than for instance) can interfere with this.

Regards. Gertjan