cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving report - task status running - old RUN ID - How to update?

Rem_y
Level 4

Hello, does anyone know where in SQL I can locate references to archiving task runs selected by Run ID? I've a bunch of scheduled archiving tasks listed on an archiving report with the status of Running, but they have start times of 4 months ago. I double checked no archiving was going on with a quick DTrace with tasks started and stopped so I know there's no archiving going on, but I don't know where I can find these task jobs listed in SQL so I can kill them and have my archiving reports look neat and tidy again! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rem_y
Level 4

Hello Gertjan, thanks for the link. I ended up logging this one with support and it turns out the solution to this is as follows:

Task status is determiend by an XML in the report folder itself called RunInfo.xml. If you edit the file in Notepad you'll see a status value of 0 which should in fact be 2. Update this status code, save the file and refresh the IE report page, and voila

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?><Information><Status>0</Status>

Update like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?><Information><Status>2</Status>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/archiving-reports-show-several-old-archiving-running-mode-h...

Just remove the offending folders. (or move them somewhere else)

Regards. Gertjan

Rem_y
Level 4

Hello Gertjan, thanks for the link. I ended up logging this one with support and it turns out the solution to this is as follows:

Task status is determiend by an XML in the report folder itself called RunInfo.xml. If you edit the file in Notepad you'll see a status value of 0 which should in fact be 2. Update this status code, save the file and refresh the IE report page, and voila

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?><Information><Status>0</Status>

Update like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?><Information><Status>2</Status>

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Great, thanks for letting us know.

Regards. Gertjan