cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving reports show several old archiving in a "running" mode - how to stop them?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I wanna stop the ones that seems to be running still (not sure they are or is the report just somehow messed up?),

ArchivingReport.jpg

How do I stop those? Already restarted the services but that didn't help...

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I just tested this in my test environment. Removing a folder will also remove the entry from the webpage.

because your msmq is empty (or at least a5 is), I think it is safe to delete (or move ) the folders. that will clean up your overview. I believe these are 'erroneous' reports, but you might want to check on the server if it is indeed not doing anything. Perhaps call in support?

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling

have you tried restarting the SQL Reporting Service on the SQL Reporting Server?

What version of EV and SQL?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV is  10.0.4.1333 and SQL is 2008 R2

I don't seem to have such service on the SQL server...

Sani B.

TonySterling

How do you access the reports?  What is the url? 

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV console -> task -> Exchange Mailbox task -> Reporting -> View reports
Url:
https://EVSERVERALIAS.domain.com/EnterpriseVault/ExchangeArchivingReports.aspx?ExchSvr=EXCSRV

Not sure if relevant but we have 5 exchange servers in the EV archiving tasks at the moment (migration going on) and this only seem to affect the exchange 2007 servers and not the new exchange 2013.

TonySterling

Ok, now I know what you are asking about.  :)

I guess you could try stopping all the EV services and doing an IISReset.

If that fails maybe reboot the box?

GertjanA

Did you get this fixed?

I'd try restarting EV-services first. eventually, I would stop services, copy the reports somewhere else, restart services?

Regards. Gertjan

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No not solved yet. (Sorry, been busy with other problems aswell).
And yes I have tried the service / iis restart but that didn't do anything they'r still there.

Was wondering if I delete/copy those report folders concerned elsewhere... How will I know the process in the system is actually stopped and not still just in some jamming state as it looks to be now...? How do I verify such thing...?

Sani B.

GertjanA

you should be able to verify MSMQ, check the A5 queue to see if you see many entries there having [1], or [2] etc. Max should be 3, thos are retries.

Regards. Gertjan

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No, there's nothing in the A5 queue. So these are really not waiting anything to finish... Is it safe to just delete the report folders for these...? Or will there be some stuck resourses still in the system because of these...?

Sani B.

GertjanA

I just tested this in my test environment. Removing a folder will also remove the entry from the webpage.

because your msmq is empty (or at least a5 is), I think it is safe to delete (or move ) the folders. that will clean up your overview. I believe these are 'erroneous' reports, but you might want to check on the server if it is indeed not doing anything. Perhaps call in support?

Regards. Gertjan