cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving solution for SMEs

Itegral
Level 6

Guys,

I need your advise on the best archiving solution for small businesses.

Client has 1TB of Exchange database and 1.5TB of file server data.

Considering Enterprise Vault an expensive solution for them, what is an alternative?

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

How many users are we talking about, and what is your budget ?

There are not many archiving solutions on the market, especially not as good as EV.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

you're asking this question on the Symatec Enterprise Vault forum? i'll be surprised if the answer is not EV :-). The best thing to do is google and then trial all possible software based on their prices and pros and cons then decide based on your trials.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

One alternative to EV would be EV.cloud :) I think at this point in time it's for email only and not file system archiving. What are your reasons for archiving? Have you done any ROI calculations or worked with a partner to help understand the business needs and drivers behind this?

Itegral
Level 6

Thanks for your comments guys.

I am talking about 350 users for Exchange 2007 and 2010 and approx 1.5TB of file server data (FSA).

The budget is under £25K.

The company will grow organically in the next couple of years and we have been in contact with a partner whose first choice is EV. However, I wish to consider other options as well, if available.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Perhaps the best thing to do is to contact one of the Symantec partners.  A few of them do other archiving solutions as well as Enterprise Vault.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm just playing with this comment but if you want to apple looking for a computer, do you think they would recommend anything other than a mac?

sunnyc_up
Level 4

i'll say that either you can go with Symantec products or you can go with Clouding.